Our volunteers are amazing people who dedicate their time, energy and efforts toward making a positive impact on the health care experience for our patients, staff and community members.
Adventist Health / Central Valley Network offers four volunteer groups at our four hospital locations. Each volunteer group is a valued member of the Adventist Health family, providing support and enhancing our patients’ and our staff’s experiences. Our volunteers typically serve a minimum of four hours per week in our many opportunities to support our patients, staff and community.
Our Volunteer Groups
Adventist Medical Center - Hanford is supported by the Volunteer Service League, a volunteer group that was formed in 1965.
Adventist Medical Center - Selma is supported by the Selma Hospital Auxiliary, formed in 1966.
Adventist Medical Center - Reedley is supported by the Sierra Kings District Hospital Auxiliary, formed in 1962.
Central Valley General Hospital, our Hanford mother and baby hospital, is supported by the Central Valley General Hospital Auxiliary, formed in 1955.
Benefits of Being a Volunteer
- The opportunity to meet and network with amazing people.
- Volunteer luncheons, education, acknowledgement and awards.
- The opportunity to give to your community in a caring way.
Volunteer Service Opportunities
- Guest services at Adventist Medical Center - Hanford, Adventist Medical Center - Reedley and Central Valley General Hospital also in Hanford.
- Gift shop at Adventist Medical Center - Hanford, Central Valley General Hospital (Hanford) and Adventist Medical Center - Selma.
- Ambassador Program at Adventist Medical Center – Hanford.
How to Become a Volunteer
Download, complete and return our volunteer application (PDF). Applications can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 559-583-2225.
Or you can request an application by calling 559-583-2217 or sending an email to email@example.com. An application will be mailed or emailed to you. Applications are also available at each hospital front desk.
- Complete application and send to Volunteer Resources, 1021 S. Douty St., Hanford, CA 93230.
- Interview with the Director of Volunteer Resources.
- Criminal background check.
- Health screening, including drug screen and two tests for tuberculosis.
- Orientation with the Volunteer Resource Coordinator.
- Compliance of orientation paperwork.
- Commitment of a minimum of 30 hours of service per year.
- Specific hospital and departmental training.
- Uniform and dress standards.
Back to top