Hanford Family Practice Residency
We are looking for applicants who fit our mission: called to excellence, compassion and wholeness. These applicants demonstrate commitment to
the ideals of family medicine and whole-person care, possess and develop
excellent clinical and interpersonal skills, and are glad to serve others
with energy and compassion.
Answers to Frequently-Asked-Questions
- Deadline for application is November 15th.
- Applications must be submitted through ERAS only.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation.
- Three years or less since medical school graduation (some exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- U.S. Citizen, green card holder or permanent resident status (some exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis). Applicants requiring Visa sponsorship will not be considered.
- USMLE scores of 200 or greater with no failures on any of the steps.
- PTAL required for foreign medical school graduates (or proof of PTAL application required for current medical students).
- No practice of medicine in the U.S. since medical school graduation.
- Personal statement demonstrating interest in rural family medicine.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Interviews are by invitation only (due to the high volume of applications, telephone calls and emails requesting an interview or inquiring into application status are not accepted). Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions that are not addressed above.
Back to top