Leadership Development Institute
You will find that our courses provide skills and techniques to achieve leadership excellence by demonstrating these Leadership Imperatives.
Coach and Developer
- Nurtures employee development.
- Provides frequent effective feedback.
- Coaches effectively.
- Provides opportunities for mentoring and employee growth.
- Develops latent leadership skills in staff.
- Creates a culture of high performance.
- Is an effective teacher.
- Conveys ideas effectively.
- Listens well.
- Sets a climate for open, frequent communication.
- Articulates our mission, vision, values to employees regularly.
- Sets clear, compelling goals for staff.
- Plans and prioritizes in an efficient manner.
- Allocates work flow.
- Follows through.
- Uses time of Self and others wisely.
- Provides needed resources to workers.
- Avoids last-minute crises, is proactive.
- Develops strategy that is aligned with our goals.
- Inspires high performance from employees.
- Manages finances and resources effectively.
- Creates value for customers and partners.
- Uses performance data to continuously inform decision-making and improve performance.
- Creates a cohesive and engaging workplace.
- Values and promotes a diverse staff.
- Inspires a climate of collaboration.
- Rewards/affirms workers.
- Selects and retains valued employees.
- Disciplines effectively and wisely.
- Supports cross-departmental partnerships.
- Promotes community outreach.
- Delegates decision-making downward.
- Initiates creative approaches to solving problems or tapping potential.
- Encourages a climate of responsible risk-taking.
- Is passionate about excellent and continuous improvement.
- Promotes organizational learning.
- Rewards good ideas.
- Responds to change and opportunity with agility.
- Upholds, promotes and lives out our mission and values.
- Models ethical conduct.
- Provides spiritual leadership in the workplace.
- Attempts to model balance in life and work.
- Is fair, impartial and trustworthy.
- Exemplifies servant leadership.
- Models a love of learning.
- Is a good citizen and responsible community member.
Back to top